Spring has sprung!. Don’t like the backyard you found when the snow melted?
Follow these 3 steps to a better backyard…
- Step 1 – Build a Deck or Patio
- Step 2 – Add a Pergola, Roof or Awning
- Step 3 – Accessorize!
Step 1 – Should you build a deck or a patio? As a rule, if the bottom of your back door is less than 3 feet off of the ground (about belt high) you should build a patio. If the bottom of your door is higher than 3′ off of the ground you may want to start with an elevated deck. Learn More about Decks and Patios
Step 2 – Already have a deck or patio? Add a pergola, awning or roof to shade the sun or it will be too hot to use. You’ll want a shade system sturdy enough to handle wind or it will break. Awnings and roofs can also allow you to enjoy the outdoors when it rains. Learn More about Pergola, Awning and Roofs for Decks and Patios
Step 3 – Accessorize! Now that you have a patio or deck and protection from sun and rain, it is time to add accessories to help you enjoy the outdoors even more. Outdoor living accessories fall into these 5 categories:
- Water Features – Pool, Hot Tub, Pond, Waterfall, Fountain, Sink
- Fire Features – Fire Pit, Fireplace, Grill, Pizza Oven
- Entertainment – Television, Movie Screen, Speakers
- Furnishings – Seating, Tables, Counters, Bars and Cabinets – built in or portable
- Mechanicals – Lighting, Heating, Cooling and Electrical
Follow these 3 easy steps to find the backyard you’ve been looking for!