Due to COVID-19 I’m sure you’ve been spending a lot of time inside, so the moment warm weather hits, you’ll want to have a nice space for enjoying the outdoors. You can use some of your downtime to inspect your home and prepare for any changes that will help you enjoy your summer.
Whether you are forced to make changes to your home due to winter damages or you are just looking to make improvements to the appearance of your exterior, Milanese Remodeling is here to help with any exterior projects!
When is Remodeling Your Exterior Necessary?
Take some time to get outside and see if anything has changed in your yard and around your home. Spring is known to be a rainy season, so you would want to get any damage repaired as soon as possible. This will help avoid any water damage such as flooding, mold, or swelling.
While doing a visual inventory of your property, we recommend that you start by looking from the roof down, and then go through our inspection checklist:
- Check the roof and chimney. A good way to check this is to look for broken tiles or slates on the ground.
- Inspect your gutters, downpipes, and drains. If you inspect during heavy rain you will be able to water leaking or spilling. Oftentimes, gutters or downpipes are cracked or gutter junction bolts have rusted. These are all things you want to look for.
- Look for damage on external walls. You would want to look forloose or damaged brick or stonework, along with noting cracks or places where moisture is or could start collecting.
- Check your windows. There could be rot, mold, or maybe your windows just aren’t closing right anymore.
This is a good time to also check your plumbing lines, no renovation or remodelling is able to take place without the proper supply of water. Take note of any repairs you may need.
When is Upgrading Your Exterior Recommended?
If there isn’t any problems with your exterior, but you are feeling unhappy with the appearance, this is a good time to start planning your new look! To help you better visualize, we are offering a free interactive 3D model of your home.
How to Create an Appealing Outdoor Space
When it comes to remodeling your outdoor space, we recommend starting from the ground up. We’ve created a list that should help:
- The Foundation: If you don’t have a current deck or patio, this is a great place to start!
- The Entrances: If your doorway is aging, some simple updates can help create a more welcoming entrance. Sliding glass doors also create a nice entrance to your patio.
- The Shade: No patio space is complete without an awning. A shady patio is the perfect place to relax on a hot summer day.
- The Accessories: These finishing touches turn a great backyard into an oasis escape. This could mean adding an outdoor kitchen with a grill or pizza oven, or installing a bar, fire pit, hot tub, or outdoor television.
Ready to Start Planning Your Outdoor Space? Contact Milanese Remodeling
Milanese Remodeling specializes in a wide array of outdoor projects. If you’re looking for a deck, patio room, or an outdoor living space, we are eager to help create the backyard of your dreams. Contact us online today!