Your outdoor living room needs to be decorated just the same as any indoor space. If you want an outdoor living space to suit your personal taste, you’ll want to choose the color palette, style, and accessories to make the space your own!
Choosing a Color Palette
Choosing colors for your outdoor living space doesn’t need to be stressful. Your awning design representative can make fabric color recommendations from the hundreds of Sunbrella choices available and also help with the color of the framework, but what about the rest of your outdoor space?
Here are some great ideas to help you choose what’s right for your outdoor living space:
- Your personality can drive your color choices.
- If you like monochromatic colors think about using contrasting patterns for visual interest.
- If you’re a risk taker, then let the color wheel spin. Choose a complementary color or two or three.
- Add a couple of fun patterns with multiple colors to keep your space free-flowing, eclectic and energized.
- Use bright colors with light colors to balance things out. Your furniture frames, awning frame, floor/deck, and walls will ground your bright and light fun colors.
- Consider your landscaping and planters in your design choices. Lush greens from plants and trees can provide a soft background or a pop-in-color if you are doing a monochromatic color scheme. Be mindful of your flower choices as they can become that added texture and color your outdoor living space may need.
- Think about your indoor colors for your outdoors. To create a seamless flow from your indoors to your outdoors, choose from the same color family. It could be a lighter hue or a pattern to complement the space.
- You want a space that is pleasing to the eye, so symmetry is key in any color scheme. It could be the legs of your table, wall color, or rug and so on. Also look at your home’s architecture to help guide you. Hard edges and geometric shapes may direct you in choosing the right furniture and accessories on your porch or deck, Buy Oak Vanity Units Online
The Next Step? Styling Your Space
When you design a space for your taste it will not only be an enjoyable environment for you, but it will also reflect your personality to your family and guests. Here are some style tips for outdoor living spaces:
- Don’t be afraid to personalize your space to suit your own personal tastes.
- Outdoor living spaces can be an eclectic mix of a variety of styles or a more formal take on a set design…from modern contemporary to rustic cabin.
- Outdoor spaces can have regional influences from the Mediterranean to the American Southwest and California.
- Furniture styles range from comfortable outdoor seating with cushy pillows to cast metal, wood or even recycled plastic. Granite tops for bars and tables, paver patios and metal railings can all be combined for an eclectic atmosphere.
- Some of the more artistic backyards include repurposed architectural features from limestone columns to barn doors and even pine palettes.
Accessorizing With Features for Kids and Adults
Children of all ages love to play outside so don’t forget to save room to accessorize your outdoor space with fun & games!
- Today you can add everything from a putting green to a permanent Twister board. Even if there isn’t enough room inside you can have an outdoor billiard table and table tennis.
- Entertainment will keep the party going outside so don’t forget to add outdoor television to your outdoor space.
- Music speakers are a great way to keep people interested – especially when they are Bluetooth and everybody gets a chance to play their favorite songs off of their phone or tablet.
Follow our tips, and soon enough you’ll have a fun outdoor space that is personalized for you and your family. We hope you enjoy your summer in your new outdoor space!