Upgrading the siding of your house not only improves the aesthetics of your home but also increases the value of your home. After years of harsh winters, your exterior may need to be revamped. Even if you aren’t looking to sell your home, you should be aware of the value new siding can bring.
Benefits of New Siding
- Siding protects your home against pests, water, fire, and other damages. New siding helps ensure that all the functions of the siding will be in tip-top shape. Old, damaged siding can lead to mold, deterioration, high energy costs, and issues within the home’s structure. Learn more about what insulated siding can do for your home by watching this video
- Siding has a great return on investment. According to CNBC, vinyl siding can recoup up to 89% of its initial cost when it comes time to sell your home.
- Investing in new siding can help you sell your home faster. The National Association of Realtors asked recent home buyers what was most important to them, and 29% chose windows, doors, and siding.
- Siding can revamp the entire look and feel of your home – without moving. Installing new windows and doors are also a great investment, but they won’t make as much of a difference to the appearance as siding. Siding can make a run-down house look to be the most well-kept house on the block.
Signs You Need New Siding
If your current siding is showing any of these signs, it’s maybe time to invest in some new siding.
- Loose panels
- Mold, fungus, or mildew
- Cracked panels
- Warped or rotten panels
- Holes in panels
- Signs of moisture
- Increased energy cost
- Multiple different paint jobs
- Bubbling under siding
- Peeling paint or loose wallpaper inside the home
- Severely faded siding
- Dry rot
Milanese Remodeling Can Help
If you’re interested in new siding for your home – Milanese can help. We have plenty of colors and different materials to choose from along with different payment plans so you don’t have to pay for everything at once, making the project more affordable. We also now offer project planning from your phone using the Hover app. Please feel free to contact us for additional information and questions.