Summer is winding down, and before you know it, things will be pretty cold around here. Now is a good time to make sure your windows are ready to brave the cold winter.
Since windows protect your home from wind, moisture, and intruders, it’s important that they’re up for the job. Not to mention, an old window that doesn’t fit properly could cost you on your heating bill.
In addition to function, windows also have a great impact on style. They can make or break your curb appeal, change the amount of light inside your home, and affect day-to-day life for you and your family.
There is no shortage of reasons to replace your windows, and there is also no shortage of styles to choose from! In fact, there are so many different types that it can be overwhelming to pick. Check out this list of our favorite styles to decide which one will best suit your taste.
Choosing a Window Style
- Casement Windows: These pivot on hinges located on the sides of the window frame, opening similarly to a door. They have a contemporary look and give you an unobstructed view.
- Double-Hung Windows: These are the traditional type of windows that slide up and down and this window installation is a very easy procedure with the help of professionals.
- Sliding Windows: These are low-maintenance, and often inexpensive windows. Like casement windows, they provide you with an unobstructed view.
- Bay & Bow Windows: These are large windows that bow out slightly for a dramatic statement. They add a little more breathing room to a space and let in a lot of light. The main differences between the windows are that a bay window has 3 angled openings, while a bow window usually has 4 or 5.
- Picture Style: Like bay and bow windows, these are large windows. However, instead of curving out, they stay flush with the wall.