Our clients typically feel motivated to update their windows or siding for two reasons. They either WANT new siding and windows to give their home a new look, or they NEED new siding and windows because their home exterior is worn out and not protecting the house the way it should.
Sometimes, our clients ask, “Which should I replace first? My windows, or siding?” The truth is, the best way to go about this is to get house window repair on both the siding and windows at one time…
While you may be dragging your feet or thinking that now is not the time, replacing both together actually tends to be both easier and more cost-effective. As time goes on, you’ll thank yourself for doubling up on projects. Combining these two updates into one process will save dollars and headaches down the road.
Top 5 Reasons to Replace Windows & Siding Together
- Get the Look You WANT: When you want to turn your house into your dream home you will want to pay attention to the details. When you replace windows & siding together you can coordinate the style, color and trim to get the look you want. On the other hand, outdated windows will be exaggerated by new, stylish siding, and tired walls won’t do justice to modern new windows so you may never get the look you want when you do siding or windows first.
- Get the Protection You NEED: The most expensive damage to your home can occur when water penetrates the walls & windows of your home. Air infiltration can make your home uncomfortable all year round.Siding, windows and DuPont Tyvek vapor barrier, flashings and tapes must work together to protect your house from water penetration and evaporative cooler, so you get the protection you need from Mother Nature.
- Prevent Mold & Mildew in Your Walls: Mold & mildew can make the indoor air quality of your home unsafe for you, your family, pets and future buyers of your home. Often, the only correct way to install Tyvek to prevent mold & mildew from growing in the walls of your home and decreasing its value, is to replace siding & windows at the same time.
- Insulate your Home: The properly insulated home is cooler in summer, warmer in winter and quieter every day of the year. A well-insulated home is also less expensive to heat and cool because it uses less energy all year round. An expert from Skilled Fencing explained that insulating your home isn’t about any one part. It’s about all the exterior surfaces of your home working together to save money and to keep you and your family cozy and warm. There will never be a less expensive time to add insulation to your home’s walls than when you replace siding, and the most effective way to properly insulate the entire home is to replace the siding and windows at the same time.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: Using one contractor to replace both the siding and windows at the same time will not only make exterior remodeling more convenient and cost-effective, it will also decrease the amount of money we spend to take care of the outside of our home. If you choose your exterior remodeling contractor wisely, you should receive long warranties that cover parts and labor for your new siding and windows. Also remember, when you work with one remodeling company and replace the siding and windows at the same time there is never a question of who is responsible if there is a problem in the future.
How DuPont Tyvek Home Wrap Prevents Mildew
When we replace siding, we always begin by wrapping homes with DuPont Tyvek home wrap. Watch the video below to learn why:
Save on Your Heating Bill This Winter
Over time, connections begin to loosen. Heat escapes out of the frames of your windows, while cold air seeps in. Meanwhile, your siding is the last line of defense to keep warm in and cold out, but its ability to do this can decline as the years go by.
Oftentimes, people get their windows replaced in order to improve their home’s energy profile, but energy-efficient siding can also go a long way. And if you neglect your siding for too long, it can become a serious issue that costs you money. If you are considering remodeling, you may also want to think about replacing your roof.
Get Started on Your Exterior Remodeling Project
Whether you’re ready to get started on your exterior project or you have some questions, contact us and we’ll provide you with more information. Since 1957, we have installed over 75,000 windows throughout Chester County and we’ll help you get the exterior you have always dreamed of.