Step 6- Ask to see the Warranty…
Taking these 7 simple steps can make replacing the windows in your home easier and help you get the best buy for your money. Replacing windows is very important to your home defense against weather, energy costs, appearance and resale value.
7 Steps to New Windows
1) Visit a Local Showroom
2) Ask for References
3) Schedule an In-home Appointment
4) Ask for Energy Star Ratings
5) Ask for Design Pressure Ratings
6) Ask to see the Warranty
7) Get a Written Contract
Your list of potential contractors and window product choices is shorter because you have taken the first 5 steps to buying new windows:
1. Visited showrooms and selected only contractors you feel comfortable having work on your home
2. Asked for, received and checked local references
3. Scheduled in-home appointments with your short list of replacement window specialists
4. Received Energy Star Ratings to compare pricing based upon energy savings potential
5. Received DP Ratings to compare pricing based upon resistance to air infiltration, water penetration, resistance to forced entry and overall structural strength
Now, it is time to narrow your window product choices further by learning which window will provide you with the best warranty coverage…
Your replacement window warranty should be included – in writing – as part of the contract you receive for your window replacement project.
The warranty should clearly and specifically state who is responsible for the cost of repairs when something breaks or fails while you own your property and if there is a transferability clause allowing you to pass along a warranty when you sell your property.
Read More: Download 6th Step to Buying Replacement Windows
Also, read The Complete Consumer Ratings Guide to Replacement Windows to learn even more about the credible Lifetime Warranty Consumer Ratings Best Buy Replacement Windows 2014
Door & Window Market Magazine Articles about New Windows for Your Home: